Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Simple Wedding Favors

As I posted about a week ago, I have a wedding to do and I only had 3 1/2 weeks to plan it. I posted the simple invitation last week and got them in the mail on Monday. Then I began making the little York Peppermint Patties for their favor. I printed their names and the date matching the chocolate chip in the paper that the bridesmaids are wearing. I used old and new DSP for the scallop punch and made about 125 of these mints all week long. I now have my basketful and wanted to post one for you all to see. 13 days to go, I have 2 more dresses to alter, punch, cakes and cheese straws to get made. I also have to find servers and plan the rehearsal dinner/dessert. I have a budget of nothing and I have spent maybe $220 so far. The brides mom is a single mother and was left with nothing but bills when her husband died of a sudden heart attack at age 43. I have a friend doing the flowers and we are using the church building where we worship. My husband is performing the ceremony. Now what am I missing??

No comments:

Post a Comment