Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 5 Challenge with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition

Having just driven 865 miles to drop my husband off for a 2 week sabbatical hiking trip on the Appalachian Trail and seeing the leaves in their many stages of color...pre-peak, peak and post peak, I knew I wanted to make a card using the foliage colors. This challenge fit the bill and so it took me no time at all to come up with this one. 

The card base is Soft Suede and the Very Vanilla is stamped using French Foliage using More Mustard, Riding Hood Red, Garden Green and Soft Suede. The DSP is called Well Worn and the leaf was hand cut using Riding Hood Red and distressing. The little turkey (on the card, not my husband) is from the Gift Givers set and water colored. The ribbon is the quilted satin in Early Expresso from the current mini catalog.

P.S. It is only 2 months until Christmas and only 1 month until Thanksgiving! How is it going with your cards and gifts?

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card and I am so glad you shared your inspiration with us. I am happy you joined in this weeks challenge at CCMC. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judi, I can't believe you drove that many miles! Thanks for sharing how you drew your inspiration for this weeks challenge card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so miss driving up to Skyline Drive in the fall! Thanks for sharing that the App Trail was your inspiration for this card - and for posting on the Holiday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Fall card! I love anything with leaves on there! Thanks for playing along with us this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition 2011 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! My parents are down there this week. Your card is so much fun and really represents fall so well! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Edition!

    ReplyDelete