Saturday, January 19, 2013

Vintage Verses - Chalkboard Style/CCMC235


The chalkboard look of stamping is really big now and so I created a quick card using the technique with my Basic Black card stock and Craft Whisper White ink. I used a piece of the DSP called Storytime for the notebook paper. It is a simple layout that I used recently and wanted to use again.
Now after I had made this card I found a new challenge that it would fit with only a minor change with the ribbon. The Connie and Mary challenge is a sketch as seen here.


And now for the card with a minor change: (these pics look better enlarged)


6 comments:

  1. Chalk-boarding is so "in" right now and you've done a great job displaying the technique! Thanks for playing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your chalkboard technique! I never thought to use the Apothecary Accents framelit with that sentiment - looks fabulous! Thanks for joining us in the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color combination and how you layered the apothecary shapes. So glad you shared your two versions of your card on our sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute use of that chalkboard technique! Love the layers with the Apothecary Accent! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the chalkboard technique for your focal point! And all your elements work perfectly with it! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great chalkboard look and I love your touches of Pool Party to set everything off! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete