a scale or a series of successive changes, stages, or degrees.
"within the woodpecker family, there is a gradation of drilling ability"
Now that you know what gradation means you can see it here in this card. I gradually brayered my colors darker and darker towards the left of the card. How is it done? I am going to attempt to explain it to you.
- Choose your color scheme. I used Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Island Indigo.
- Emboss your layer (should you choose, it is not necessary).
- Ink your brayer with the lightest color first and go across the page
- Ink with middle color and bray across card leaving some of the lighter color showing.
- Ink with darkest color and again bray leaving some of the other 2 colors showing.
Have fun with it...I know I did and it really does not take long to make a super fun card.