|Click here for a video tutorial|
|Congratulations Cap Card|
Friendly Phrases Stamp Set Paper
Basic Black Card Stock: 8-1/2" x 11"
Lucky Limeade Card Stock: 3-1/4" x 1/8"
Pool Party Card Stock: 6" x 6"
Very Vanilla Card Stock: 2-1/8" x 7/8"; 5-1/2" x 1/2"
Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad
Accessories & Tools
Linen Thread: 10"
2011-2013 In Color Designer Printed Brads
Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch
Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Trace and cut the following from Basic Black Card Stock: one top piece and two bottom pieces (templates are found in the Online Extras).
- Emboss one bottom piece using the Big Shot and the Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Adhere the left, bottom, and right sides of the embossed card stock to the matching Basic Black piece to create a pocket for the gift card.
- Stamp the "to/from" greeting in Lucky Limeade ink on the Very Vanilla Card Stock (2-1/8" x 7/8").
- Punch the edges of the Pool Party Card Stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch. Adhere a 2-1/8" portion of the punched piece to the bottom of the Very Vanilla greeting and secure both pieces to the top of the bottom piece.
- Punch more of the Pool Party Card Stock using the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch. Cut it down to four 4" pieces and adhere them to the bottom of the Basic Black cap so that only the edge is showing. (Optional: cut an additional top piece and adhere it to the back of the top to help secure the Pool Party edges.)
- Cut a 5-1/2" x 1/2" strip of Very Vanilla Card Stock. Stamp "Congratulations" on the card stock in Lucky Limeade ink. Adhere the strip to the cap as shown on the card and trim the excess card stock.
- Cut a 3-1/4" x 1/8" strip of Lucky Limeade Card Stock. Adhere the strip to the cap and trim the excess card stock.
- Wrap Linen Thread around the prongs of a Designer Printed Brad. Attach the brad to the center of the cap.
- Attach the top of the hat to the bottom of the hat using a Neutrals Brad.