Thursday, December 17, 2009

25 Days of Christmas - Day 23

I don't know about you but I love having little Christmas things in all the nooks and corners of my home. In fact, as I age I am loving it more and more. Christmas is the best thing about winter to me! What better time to spread the gospel of Jesus than when the whole world is looking at the holiday.

Today I am sharing a cute little block set that Stampin' Up! is offering in the mini catalog. I think it will be carried over into the next mini as well. These blocks are wood and hollow and can be cut in half and used in many different ways. you can paint them, cover them with cardstock or DSP and then embellish as desired.
Instructions

1. Cover each side of two Décor Elements blocks with Real Red card stock (3" x 3"). Cover each side of third block with Whisper White card stock (3" x 3").

2. Cut “Ho ho” from Whisper White card stock and “Ho” from Real Red card stock using Sizzix Big Shot and Alphabet Simple Letters Bigz die.

3. Adhere Whisper White letters and winter scenes from the Holiday Mix Décor Elements to Real Red blocks.

4. Adhere Décor Elements snowflakes to Real Red blocks.

5. Adhere Real Red letters to Whisper White block.

6. Mix a few drops of Champagne Mist shimmer paint with 1 oz. of rubbing alcohol and spritz entire project.

7. When blocks are dry, tie Real Red 3/4" polka-dot grosgrain ribbon (28") around Whisper White block.

No comments:

Post a Comment