Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Fireworks




I had this idea for a while but I finally got it made for my new catalog party. It is a Smartie that I wrapped with a a piece of cardstock that had different savings on the inside. I used them as a "prize" when they answered the Scavenger Hunt questions correctly. One said, "$5 off your order today." Others had Free shipping on today's order, or free tax on today's order. Now, I usually don't get orders on the first day of the catalog, but I did this time. It was a minimal order but I got to the $150 mark! I was happy with it.

I rolled the Jumbo stars on the whisper white cardstock and printed the words on the inside then cut them apart at 3" to fit around the smarties. I taped the smarties to a straw that had the tinsel on it and voila! A Firecracker.

2 comments:

  1. Well aren't you a Smartie. I love these and will hopefully be able to find them when I want to make them next year. Thanks for sharing your wonderful idea. They really are cute!!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete