Monday, May 13, 2013

From the Stampin' Up! Blog

Something New to Inspire

SOMETHING NEW TO INSPIRE

Mood boards are a great way to feel inspired. They offer a color combination, patterns, textures, and an overall look and feel. They’re a great starting point when you just need a little help to jumpstart your creativity.
Our Concept Art team has created another round of projects to share with you. From laybabylay.com, we’ve chosen a spring-inspired board. We wanted to share what inspired us about this mood board.
1 - Here’s what Jen had to say:
I love black and white right now, especially when it’s added as an accent with bright colors. This mood board has a wonderful mix of color and texture. There are soft elements, but also bold patterns and colors. It was very inspiring to me.
Using Simply Scored, I created a gift bag using Designer Series Paper. This is such a great way to dress up a gift and make your recipient feel special.
To mimic the softness of the fluffy white rug and the dandelion seed head, I created an anemone flower using our Creped Filter Paper. I cut individual petals with a circle punch. Using my Paper Snips, I added a wavy edge to the outside of each petal. For the center petals, I used a smaller circle punch and spritzed the petals with Pink Pirouette Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill.
2 - Here’s what Melody had to say:
Here's what I love about this inspiration board: the checkerboard ottoman, the touches of gold, black, and bits of pink, and the adorable "love" sentiments. I mimicked the ottoman pattern by using strips of Tempting Turquoise Cardstock and Brushed Gold Cardstock on a 2-3/4" x 3-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. After I glued on the strips, I cut the whole piece into 1/2" strips and shifted the alignment of each strip to create a checkerboard look. I decided I wanted to use the Hello There MDS download for my sentiment since our current alphabet stamps just didn't hit the size and style I wanted. The bitty heart from the Owl Punch was perfect for adding in my bits of pink to finish the card. 
3 - Here’s what Arika had to say:
I love the color combination on this mood board! My favorites are the little pops of black and white. (I think adding little pops of black and white to my projects is one of my favorite things right now.) I made the black and white arrow stripe by punching out the corners of pieces of Whisper White Cardstock and Basic Black Cardstock using the 1- 3/8" Square Punch. Then I lined up my arrows on cardstock covered with Sticky Strip and trimmed off the jagged ends on each side. I love the “I (blank) you” stamp from the Dude, You’re Welcome kit.  I think it is the perfect touch for this card.
4 - Here’s what Chrissy had to say:
I have personally been in love with dip-dying and color blocking recently. So, no. 8 on our inspiration board really spoke to me. I decided to recreate that look on my card base by using Stampin’ Emboss Powders and sticky notes to mask where I wanted to position the color blocking. Once my area was masked with sticky notes, I inked the area withVersaMark ink using the direct-to-paper method; then I covered the area with embossing powder, removed the sticky notes, and applied heat using the Heat Tool. It was super-simple and surprisingly fast to accomplish the look I wanted.
We all really enjoyed using this mood board to create a project. We challenge you to create something of your own using this inspiration. Also, you are welcome to share your projects in the comments section.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment